Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal is a one-hour television movie that serves as the premiere to the second season of Star Wars Rebels. It was first screened at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim on April 18, 2015 and made its official television premiere on Disney XD on June 20, 2015.
- It explains why the Ghost crew is not able to return to Lothal and joining the rebel Alliance, promising to come back.
- Minister Tua was not the one who was supposed to die in the episode. Instead it was Governor Pryce, who later appeared in third season of the series.
- Last appearance of Tarkintown because the village was burned and the citizens were taken prisoner.
- Ahsoka learns that Darth Vader is her old Mentor, Anakin Skywalker, who she thought died during Order 66.
- Emperor Palpatine makes a vocal appearance in this episode, voiced by actor Sam Witwer, who also played Maul in Star Wars: The Clone Warsand previously voice the emperor in the Star Wars Legends video games. Ian Mcdiarmid reprised his role as Emperor Palpatin in Family Reunion and Farewell.
- This is the second one hour special.
- When Ezra sees the smoke of Tarkintown at Lando's farm and rushes to the remains, it is similar to when Luke rushed to his aunt and uncle's burned home in A New Hope.
- Kanan'The World Between WorldsEmpire, and give to the needy" likely references the stories of Robin Hood and his Merry Men.
- The authorization code Hera gives when returning to the Rebel Fleet, "121815", is a nod to December 18, 2015, the release date of The Force Awakens.￼